Yes, it is possible to have your customers imported from your existing platform!
Many of our merchants move to Cratejoy from platforms that have compatible data, so we welcome merchants to let us know if they are interested in having us import their subscriber data and apply for the import.
Due to time constraints, we are currently accepting applications for merchants migrating 100 subscribers and above.
Technical requirements for importing customers
1) That you are on a payment gateway that Cratejoy supports.
Don't know what payment processors Cratejoy supports? Check out: What Payment Processors does Cratejoy Support?
2) That you can export the required data from your existing platform.
You need to be able to provide for our engineering team a CSV containing an entry for each customer's subscription:
- E-mail address
- Shipping address (please break these out into columns for street, city, state, zip, country)
- Billing address (if different from shipping)
- Customer Creation date
- Product name (or SKU)
- Product price
- Prepayment term (1, 3, 6, 12 months, etc)
- Subscription start date
- Subscription last billed date
- Subscription end date (expiry date or next renewal date)
We have successfully performed imports and full tests from these platforms:
- Stripe subscriptions
- WooCommerce subscriptions
Process for migrating
1) Set up your Cratejoy store and launch it!
It is vital that the new store on our Cratejoy platform is launched before the migration, and until after you get your first subscriber. This way we can be absolutely sure when we do migrate your subscribers over that you don't end up with subscribers "orphaned" on your old platform that need to be migrated in a second time.
Due to time constraints, we are currently accepting applications for merchants migrating 100 subscribers and above. Fill out my online form.
3) We will verify that the migration can be done and test the sample data.
We may have additional questions at that point. After the test and any questions, we will work with you to schedule the import - please note that due to demand and to the testing, some migration dates must be scheduled in advance.
How long does a migration take?
We have quite a backlog of migrations, so this will not happen fast. Current timelines are 3-5 weeks.