This article only applies to the old designer. Not sure which designer you have? Check here.
Only recommended for advanced users who are familiar with code. Remember to work on a copy of your theme.
Many times while designing your site you will find that you want to completely remove/hide an entire block or box of text.
I have installed the "Joybox Women" theme and want to get rid of all the text underneath the subscription options. For example I don't want what is highlighted below:
A great way to do this with almost no risk of losing any code that you might want later is to comment out part of your html code.
Commenting out your code means that you save the code but the a browser doesn't "see" it so it wont show it on your website.
To comment out a part of your html:
- Remember which page you are on.
- You open the design page and click on the "Code" button next to the design you want to edit.
- Recall the page you were wanting to edit. In this example I want to remove the text from the home page. The homepage is also known as "index". Click on "index.html" to edit the code there.
- Find the part that of the code you want to hide. You can make it easier by searching the page for a word you saw in the text you want to remove.
- Once you find what you want to remove, wrap that text like this:
- Put this at the beginning of what you want to hide: <!--
- Put this at the end of what you want to hide: -->
- Click Save.
This is what the page looks like now: