This article only applies to the old designer. Not sure which designer you have? Check here.
Can I add video to my Cratejoy store?
It's possible to do almost anything with Cratejoy since you get complete control of the HTML/CSS, but some changes will require custom coding expertise that Cratejoy doesn't directly support through the merchant success team.
- Vimeo makes embedding videos super easy. You can check out their entire FAQ on embedding videos here. When you click on "Share" on the Vimeo video, there will be an <iframe> code which you can copy and paste into the code of the page you want the video on.
- YouTube also has <iframe> code that you can use to copy and paste into the code of the page where you want the YouTube video to be available. It's a takes a few more steps to find the iframe code though than Vimeo. This WikiHow article is a pretty good resources for finding a YouTube video's iframe code but Google/YouTube also has pretty good documentation for their embedded player as well.
If you are looking to have a "video as a background" effect like Faithbox.com, a fairly decent amount of effort has to go in to the CSS, setting up the HTML5 video tag, encoding the video properly to play on different browsers, etc. You can find a really great tutorial that has instructions on how to use a HTML5 background video here.
Stuck or can't get your video to display how you want it?
Check out these additional resources:
- Recommended designers with Cratejoy expertise
- W3 Schools - tutorials and testing tools
- Treehouse - a school for learning to code