This article only applies to the Cratejoy Storefront Plan. Not sure if you have a storefront? Check here.
1. Can a gift card be used more than once?
Yes, as long as the gift card still has money on it.
2. Can I send a gift card to a customer without having to purchase it?
3. How do my customers check their balance?
Your customers can check their card balance on their account page.
4. Can a gift card cover the cost of shipping & taxes?
Yes, gift cards apply to the final order total which includes shipping and taxes.
5. If a customer purchases a gift card, do they pay shipping & tax?
No, shipping and tax is only applied when redeeming a gift card.
6. Can a customer use a coupon code to purchase a gift card?
No, not at this time. Coupon codes are not available to use on a gift card.
7. Can a gift card be used on an existing subscription?
Yes, if a customer has a gift card and an existing subscription their renewal will use whatever balance is left on their card to pay for the renewal first and will use their credit card second.
8. How do I know the balance of my customer's gift card?
You can see the current balance of any gift card by clicking on a specific issued card.
9. Can I disable an active gift card?
Yes. If you need to disable a gift card for any reason go to the details page of the issued card and select 'Disable' under the Actions tab.
10. Can you refund to a gift card?
Yes. To refund back to a gift card go to the specific order page that the gift card was used. Select Refund Order and enter in the amount you would like refunded to the gift card.
11. Can my customer send the gift card to the gift receiver in an email?
The person who buys the gift card will receive an email with the gift card information that they can use to forward to their gift receiver or print out if they wish to do so.