This article provides instructions on how to set up your blog as a subdomain of your primary domain name through Namecheap, using WordPress as an example.
If you need to set up your custom domain first, you can find instructions on how to do that here.
If you are not using a custom domain name, you can skip ahead to adding links to your navigation.
Add a CNAME record for your blog
- Click on 'DNS Records'
- Add a CNAME record
- For the name, add: blog
- For the value, add: yourblogname.wordpress.com
- Click 'Add Record'
- Set the status to 'Automatic'
Map your subdomain in WordPress
- In your WordPress portal, go to 'Domains', which is at the bottom of the page under 'Configuration'
- Next, go to the 'My Domains' tab where another window will open after you select it
- Update your primary domain to: blog.yourblogname.com
Add a link to your site's navigation
Follow our instructions on how to add links to your navigation from the designer.